A Sea of Content
Television viewers today are blessed with a world of rich content. While choice was once limited to “whatever’s on now,” TV has evolved dramatically into a kaleidoscope of video-on-demand, user-generated content, personal video recording and much more.
Yet due to the abundance of TV content, it is easy for viewers to miss out on what they really want to watch. Viewers today are presented only with traditional electronic program guides (EPGs) consisting of long and tedious program listings. As a result, viewers often feel like they are lost in a sea of content. And if viewers are missing the boat, then so are triple-play service providers.
That's where COMPASS comes in – navigating the uncharted waters of available content to present attractive, personalized content recommendations directly to the subscriber's screen.
COMPASS is a groundbreaking content discovery solution, enabling subscribers and operators to fully benefit from the content-rich world of interactive television. With COMPASS, subscribers receive personalized recommendations – tailored to their individual preferences – that enable them to quickly find desirable TV content. These optimized recommendations, produced from a blend of multiple content recommendation engines, ensure that premium and niche content are easily accessible to all.
COMPASS transforms TV viewing into a fun, easy and fulfilling experience. With a unique subscriber user interface (SUI) that features consistent language and visual cues for a comfortable and familiar feel, COMPASS revolutionizes the way people consume television.
COMPASS enables service providers to open the door to a whole new world of content for subscriber enjoyment, building customer satisfaction and loyalty. And by bringing subscribers closer to the content they really want to watch, operators enjoy new revenue streams and differentiate themselves in the market.
A flexible, state-of-the-art content discovery solution, COMPASS integrates seamlessly with Orca's RiGHTv or third-party middleware platforms.
- Optimized recommendations: For each user, COMPASS displays a blend of recommendations on content available for immediate viewing. COMPASS recommendations cover live TV, on-demand content and catch-up TV.
- Personalization: Based on user profiles, COMPASS generates sets of personalized recommendations tailor-made to each viewer. Automatically defined, a profile represents viewers’ tastes based on their content usage.
- Personal channel: COMPASS generates a set of content recommendations for live content to create a recommended lineup for each viewer. Users can request to automatically record the recommended lineup for later viewing.
- Multi-device: COMPASS is operable on multiple set-top boxes (STBs) and can be accessed on any device – whether TV, PC or mobile handset.
Content Discovery Management
- Promotions: COMPASS enables operators to create promotions for selected content in a defined time frame, thereby optimizing content usage. These promotions are integrated into the blend of recommendations displayed to viewers in COMPASS.
- Configuration: COMPASS comes with an intuitive and easy-to-use administration user interface for configuring and monitoring the system.
- Reports: For operators, COMPASS provides reports for optimizing and monitoring the service. These reports display information on the adoption of COMPASS and the effectiveness of various recommendation engines.
- Recommendation Engines: COMPASS delivers a blend of recommendations from a variety of engines.
- Built-in: COMPASS comes with a set of content recommendation engines that are based on varied data including content popularity, user behavior and preferences, and content metadata.
- External: COMPASS' open architecture is designed for streamlined integration of external recommendation engines.
- Administration Application: This application is the interface used by the administrator for configuring the various parameters needed to generate recommendations, define content promotions, and produce reports.
- Middleware Interface: COMPASS is equipped with an interface for integration with a middleware solution. The interface APIs enable COMPASS to extract content and usage data available on the middleware platform.
|Operator Benefits||Subscriber Benefits|
- Improved customer loyalty
- Increased usage and revenues
- Tailored offerings for niche markets
- Enhanced differentiation
- Personal, optimized recommendations
- Fun and interactive experience
- Expanded selection of content
- Easy discovery of new content