VIACCESS solution relies on DLNA-CVP (Commercial Video Profile), a new DLNA profile that has been released to address all the value chain expectations as explained above.
DTCP-IP, a link protection approved by content owners, has been made mandatory within this new profile. This means that content can be securely streamed from one device to another.
A Remote user interface feature is as well part of the profile; this means that a consistent UI presenting the operator service with the operator brand can be displayed on all devices.The Viaccess home network solution controls the security policy for each channel/content.
Depending on the agreement sign between the TV operator and the TV channels, Viaccess system can define dynamically if a channel can be streamed to another device or not. It also allows operators to define commercial options wherein only subscribers who have subscribes a specific multi-room option will be able to streamed the TV/PVR content to another device.
Key Benefits of Viaccess solution
• Reduce cost of a multi-room TV by re-using off the shelves devices
• Enable to share PVR content within the home network
• Leverage the operator brand by providing a consistent user interface on all devices
• Let the operator control if a channel/content can be streamed to another device
• Complies with studios requirements